- EMC at Vermont Tech Jam!
- Sarah Jerger Oct 31, 2014By Kyle PattersonThe 2014 Vermont Tech Jam was held at the Memorial Auditorium right on Main Street in Burlington, Vermont from Friday the 24th to Saturday the 25th!For those that don’t know, it is a two-day job fair and tech expo where dozens of Vermont’s innovative companies and organizations gather and anyone had the opportunity to talk with recruiters, learn about and even test out various projects and find out about educational opportunities available in Vermont.The Emergent Med… Read More
- Bluebird BBQ's community night helps BREAKAWAY team get closer to reaching their fundraising goal
- Sarah Jerger Oct 31, 2014By Keeshawn NicholsonI think it is time we gave a round of applause for Emergent Media Center’s courageous and innovative football game BREAKAWAY and its team! Last Wednesday the game gained awareness through success in the team’s fundraising event at Bluebird BBQ's community night. BREAKAWAY, a computer game developed by over 120 Champlain College students at the Emergent Media Center, was introduced to the public in 2010 and strives to help reduce violence against women. The BREAKAWAY team… Read More
- Champlain’s Emergent Media Center Showcases the Power of the All-new MakerLab at the Mini Maker Faire
Champlain’s Emergent Media Center Showcases the Power of the All-new MakerLab at the Mini Maker Fair…Sarah Jerger Oct 14, 2014By Keeshawn NicholsonCaption for above image: BREAKAWAY character in 3D printCan you believe that there was once no such thing as a place where makers, crafters, inventors, artists and scientists could come together to showcase their contributions to Maker culture? Fortunately, today there is the Mini Maker Faire hosted by MAKE magazine, the first magazine fully dedicated to Do It Yourself projects, which is held every year around this time to appreciate Makers of all kinds. In Vermont,… Read More
- The Grand Opening of the EMC MakerLab
- Sarah Jerger Oct 10, 2014by Giuseppe Liquori “There are limitless opportunities for students to make whatever they'd like.” - Michael Taranto President Laackman sent the tweet that cut the ribbon and marked the opening of Champlain College Emergent Media Center’s Maker Lab!The grand opening ended up being a success. Many people attended to listen to great speakers and experience the various projects of the EMC such as BREAKAWAY, Wealth Builders, and The Make a Change project.Part of the success came from the m… Read More
- BREAKAWAY fundraising campaign is underway!
- Sarah Jerger Oct 9, 2014By Kyle PattersonThe game BREAKAWAY, created at the Emergent Media Center at Champlain College, is currently raising funds to sponsor a trip to El Salvador to continue the BREAKAWAY initiative! By donating to BREAKAWAY our team can establish a self-sustaining BREAKAWAY camp model in El Salvador in 2014 that will continue to create change year after year!Join The Emergent Media Center at Champlain College for a night out at one of Burlington’s most popular eateries. Burlington’s own… Read More
- Champlain College Welcomes First Students from Shanghai Masters of Science in Emergent Media Program to Burlington Campus
Champlain College Welcomes First Students from Shanghai Masters of Science in Emergent Media Program…Sarah Jerger Jun 27, 2014June 26, 2014 | by Kayla Hedman ’14 / Champlain College News / Source linkChinese painter LuFei Sun, who goes by her English name Vera, sits in a quiet cafeteria in Champlain College's summer-deserted IDX Student Life Center and shows friends her artwork on her smartphone. "I used many dry brushstrokes here to create this texture," she says. "I created this to imitate traditional Chinese paintings, but I hope to incorporate more technology and emergent media into my art."Vera, in… Read More
- Shanghai Students learn to pitch their big ideas at Chinaccelerator
- Sarah Jerger Apr 3, 2014By Dr. Geoffrey Bell, Associate Professor, MS Shanghai China campusOn March 15th, 2014 Dr. Geoffrey Bell—Associate Professor in the Shanghai MS-EM program brought his students to Chinaccelerator (a member of the Global Accelerator Network), which is the first mentorship-driven seed funding program in China. The event showcased 10 successful entrepreneurs who spoke for 10 minutes each ("10 x 10") with several elevator pitches interspersed between the presentations. The event included IT/… Read More